Mads Mikkelsen Archive
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Flammen og Citronen/Flame & Citron — Reviews — Mad about Mads Mikkelsen user

Nach unten

Flammen og Citronen/Flame & Citron — Reviews — Mad about Mads Mikkelsen user Empty Flammen og Citronen/Flame & Citron — Reviews — Mad about Mads Mikkelsen user

Beitrag  Admin Mo Sep 24, 2012 5:14 am

Um....I saw this a couple days ago.....I found it online. Shocked Without subtitles of course....but it seemed to be quite good all the same. It's amazing that Mads can get you to feel the emtions even though you can't understand a word he's saying. The scene with him and his wife in the car....I think he's trying to say how sorry he was for not being there for her and his daughter.... Crying or Very sad

posted by Isabel 09/14/2008

I've watched Flammen og Citronen a couple of days ago. Same with Isabel, I had a version without English subtitles. I managed to find fan-made subtitles from one of those subtitles sites, but most of the translations are very unclear (so I ended up looking at the Danish ones and checking dictionary at the same time).

The film was really good! I enjoyed it very much. The plot was engrossing and the acting was excellent.

And I love the action scene with Mads. It's really really awesome! It's the best action scene from Mads ever.

posted by Verlandi 09/24/2008
Admin
Admin
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 322

https://madsmikkelsenarchive.forumieren.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Flammen og Citronen/Flame & Citron — Reviews — Mad about Mads Mikkelsen user Empty Re: Flammen og Citronen/Flame & Citron — Reviews — Mad about Mads Mikkelsen user

Beitrag  Admin Mo Sep 24, 2012 5:21 am

I got my copy of F&C and watched it last night!

Being in Danish I didn't understand very much, but the film is good. It's intense and emotional, and I was totally wrapped up in it, even though I didn't understand everything that went on.

Mads is very good. His performance is subtle and intense. Often he's just in the background of a scene, but his presence is always felt. Just his being in a scene makes it more riveting. Actually, not having to read subtitles let me focus more on Mads and I didn't miss anything. That was really nice! The scenes between he and his estranged wife are particularly good. He really is a terrific actor!!

I'm looking forward to seeing it with the English subtitles. After seeing the whole thing I understand the plot, but it would still be nice to know what everyone's saying.

I guess a movie really shows it true colors when you can still enjoy it without understanding the language.

posted by neo 10/14/2008
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Flammen og Citronen/Flame & Citron — Reviews — Mad about Mads Mikkelsen user Empty Re: Flammen og Citronen/Flame & Citron — Reviews — Mad about Mads Mikkelsen user

Beitrag  Admin Di Sep 25, 2012 3:24 am

I watched the English subtitled version this weekend! I enjoyed it so much more now that I could understand what was going on!

Mads is AMAZING!! It's been a couple of months since I've watched him and I had forgotten how fabulous he is!! He is such a terrific actor. There is so much depth to his performances. He's stunning!! I can hardly wait to get some more new material!!!

posted by neo 07/06/2009
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Admin Di Sep 25, 2012 3:29 am

What a fantastic film. It really brought to life what the resistance was about - the incredibly grey area between right and wrong that Mads speaks about in the al jazeera Q&A about the film.

posted by Canadiana 09/07/2009
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Admin Di Sep 25, 2012 6:15 am

I finally got to watch this movie last night. Excellent movie, just excellent.

posted by descrier 03/17/2010

What a brilliant movie. I'm going to have to buy this one. Great performances by everyone.

posted by Freyja 03/31/2010

I caught it last night and will definitely be buying it ASAP-amazing performances all around and an extremely intense, gripping drama

(and of course, Mads is so hot it's a wonder the floor doesn't melt under his feet)

posted by Maggie 08/16/2010

I watched this last night on Sundance...it was fantastic and yup Mads was hot hot hot. I love historical films based on true people so it was double pleasure...Mads, history, true story....wheeeee

posted Anonymous 08/16/2010

I got my shipment...and thought this was a fantastic movie. I love historical films especially centered on real people. I'm also a big WWII buff or thought I was, I had never heard this story before. This was not only a great movie but a great history lesson as well.

posted Anonymous 08/26/2010
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Admin Di Sep 25, 2012 6:16 am

Okay, I watched this movie at the beginning of the week and then had to watch it 3 more times. Wow...I loved this movie from the poignant story, the strong performances to the bittersweet ending. It inspired me to do some research on the history of the Danish occupation and resistance movement, which I'm abashed to say I didn't know anything about. Thank you Mads for yet another unforgettable role!

posted by Wardance 07/25/2011
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Admin Di Sep 25, 2012 6:18 am

This is a very moving film- but not at all a generic War Movie.

Not only is it based on historical evidence and is beautifully filmed and wonderfully acted - it stunned me showing how the paranoia and terror of war caused these resistance fighters to suffer in their personal relationships, health and emotional/mental states.

I felt such agony when Citron reacted to his wifes comments on "not being able to take this much longer" and upon his meeting with her 'lover' he asked him to be good to his family...Or ELSE! When Flame struggled to deal with his love yet distrust for Ketty - I felt this frustration.
No one else could understand their situation ...the fear - the rage - the guilt .... In the end all Citron & Flame had were - Flame & Citron.

Often Resistance and Terrorism are two sides of the same coin. Even for non MM fans this was a fine and thoughtful story.
(Is there such a thing as a Non MM fan ?)

Now I'm interested in discovering the real stories of these brave people.

posted by Joanna 09/21/2011
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten